yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Technologically Savvy
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

Canon i-Sensys MF4150 all in one.Error message "TONER IS

Canon i-Sensys MF4150 all in one.
Error message "TONER IS NOT SET. INSERT TONER" displayed.
Toner cartridge is in place and was working. Have replaced it a number of times and fitted a new one. Still get message.
I have noticed that that when replacing the cartridge and pressing very gently, I can hear a light click, as if a micro switch is being operated. Remove pressure and I get another click.
How do I open up the appropriate sections of the printer to examine the mechanism. I have some experience in repairing electronic equipment and have some test gear.
Any suggestions?
David
Category: Computer
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.
The error you are describing is usually cause by a bad cartridge but if you have tried a new Canon cartridge because refills will cause this a lot then we would need to look internally. If you look inside the unit (cartridge removed) on the right hand side towards the bottom you will see 3 flat metal plates. These are called spring plates when you push on them they should move in and out check and make sure they are not bent or depressed in you can try and use your fingers to fix them if they are. If not this unit would still be under the 3 year manufacture warranty I have ran into this issue with HP's. Make sure the 3 flat metal plates are not bent down or have been damaged. Adjust up towards the the cartridge connection and make sure they are clean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All your emails were in my junk box, filtered by McAfee as spam. I just found them, sorry. I fixed the problem about 1 hour after sending my question. For your info......

The Canon printer has 3 contactors for the FX 10 cartridge. Looking into the printer they are on the left side, Two are "bent wires" and the third is a domed disk, all spring loaded. Non appeared to be faulty, but obviously were not making contact. Gentle bending restored connections. If I had been brave enough to try it earlier I would not have needed your help which would have helped.

I do have a copy of the full Canon maintenance manual (2006 version)and this is not actually mentioned anywhere.

Thanks anyway

regards

David

Sounds like i did point you in the right direction. Glad you where able to fix the issue