John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Samsung DP500A all in one pc.Came with Windows 8 then i got

Samsung DP500A all in one pc.Came with Windows 8 then i got upgraded to 8.1 then got another upgrade to Windows 10. I am going to sell pc so thought i'd reset it.Done that and now left with blue screen on rolling loop saying inaccessible boot device.Anything i can do to get it back to Windows again ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Sir/Ma'am please go to main menu in bios and see if it shows HDD or hard drive details after that go to boot menu and see if first or second boot device is set as HDD or Hard drive if not which is it.Please let me know

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

In Bios main menu there is no mention of hard drive or HDD. Looked in Boot menu and all i have in there is Fast Boot,Boot by LAN & Secure Boot & Set Boot order.

Andy

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.

Please check on boot order for first or second boot device is set as HDD or Hard drive if not which is it.Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I go into Set Boot order and all it says is Boot option #1 [Windows Boot Manager]

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Can you please check 2nd boot device too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't got 2nd boot device

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That is strange.Please exit from bios and restart the PC when you see the Samsung start-up screen press F4 key repeatedly and see if that shows Back-up and Recover screen.Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok,Have done this and now have a recovery box up

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Good.now you can use the recover option and then restore to factory default which will erase the files on the hard drive and then re-install windows that came with the PC (Just like a new PC)if you agree to this please select factory default point and click on recover to start the process.
Let me know whether you started the process or not
Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've started recovery process.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good.Please make sure no external hard drivesare connected to the Samsung PC.
I will wait until the process is complete.If you have any doubts please let me know also let me know once the process is completed.
Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok John,no external hard drives are connected. will let you know shortly how it goes.It's on 34% now.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good.i will waitSincerely,John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.