Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Password ***** ***** recognized on my Kindle 4=Wish to change i

Customer Question

Password ***** ***** recognized on my Kindle 4=Wish to change it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. Is the password ***** your amazon account or to connect wifi on the kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

TOconnect to my kindle

okay, is it your wifi password?
Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> and check for normal operation.To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:Tap the Quick Settings iconSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used. You can also tell Kindle Fire to forget a Wi-Fi network so that youcan reset and reenter the wifi password.1. Tap the Quick Settings symbol in the top right hand corner of the Home screen. 2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu. 3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position. A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list. 4. Tap the name of the network you want to forget. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

need to create a new password

I would appreciate not getting a negative review as this reflects my service to you and I felt I provided good solutions for this, I am very sorry this did not work for you. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that did not help. I will continue to work with you on this until we find a solution. I am very sorry the solutions have not worked for you, sometimes it takes more troubleshooting and trying different options . Please reply and let me know how we can get this resolved for you, and what happened when you tried the last method.
is the password ***** you need used to connect to wifi or just to open the kindle screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

F

ollowed your instructionand inserted new password ***** was rejected

are you trying to get on your kindles wifi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am trying to my kindle Wi Fi

okay, what is the wifi password? does it have capital letters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

password ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still not able to connect

Okay, are you sure that you are selecting the correct network name for your home wifi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Confirm that I have selected the correcy network

Try this again, Try this again please. Tell your Kindle Fire to forget a Wi-Fi network so that youcan reset and reenter the wifi password.1. Tap the Quick Settings symbol in the top right hand corner of the Home screen. 2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu. 3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position. A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list. 4. Tap your home network name, select forget.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still not able to insert new password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ROUTER IS NET GEAR HUB 2ac-MAC 803773042900-NO

SERIAL NO 483149WPOFD96

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I connect please to your computer so I can sort the password ***** for you quickly to use on the Kindle.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you ask for ID and password ***** you mean the computer or kindle

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the computer, you do the instructions I gave, on your computer and you get an ID and Password ***** give to me.
On the computer Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded as instructed but struggling to find the next move.Sorry about this as I am a relative novice.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, we will do this another way which may be easier for you,
Click on this link, click I Agree and run the file that is downloaded please
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a36317f2-063b-4bb0-b191-9de51bc9f996
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I closed the session as It was over 1/2 hour before I hear back from you and you were repeating back to me the password ***** so probably its easier for you to read it here then in the chat.
The network you need to connect your Kindle to is
VM531263-2G
So choose that network to connect to, and the password ***** need to use is
evrpmrhd
This is the network your computer connects to so the settings are correct, you just need to make sure please you are doing it correctly.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Allis ok except for emails which are still blocked

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, as this is a different issue, can you make a new question for this email problem on my link below and I can then assist you with this.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=12299
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have decided that I can do without my emails on kindle.thank you for all the help on restoring my internet connection

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome