Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Josh, my kindle has frozen during a software update. I was

Hi Josh, my kindle has frozen during a software update. I was not aware it was doing an update as I had it on Airplane mode. It says Do not turn your kindle off during the update process -but I may have inadvertantly done so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** to have worked. I'll pay the £28.00 as you did answer this promptly and correctly -however, for some reason the site was saying it had my e-mail registered to another user, so that delayed my response. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem and glad it worked.
It may have been a temporary issue with the site, but as you can reply now it is ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.