IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Having moved to windows 10, I have lost my emails

Having moved to windows 10, I have lost my emails for my aviation site . How can I restore them please

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.
Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.
Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sky.com

Not sure possibly Internet explorer or outlook

Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you receive my latest reply re costs?

No, sir. I only see what is on this page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh dear.

I tried to say that I am not in a financial position to pay extra for this service.

I said that I would have to forgo my aviation emails if it requires further cost.

I am not in a position to pay extra costs.

My thanks to you.

Keith Grace

Keith,
Thank you for the update. That is not a problem; we can just do this the old-fashioned way by sending messages back and forth on this page. I listed my first set of questions below. Let's begin shall we? :)
My questions:
1) When you attempt to log in, what is the error message that is given to you, word for word?
I look forward to your response with the answers to my questions.
Thank you for spending the time to answer the questions.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Jason,

When I open my emails. The one for my aviation account indicates that this account's email password ***** ***** of date and unable to sync.

To get the exact wording I would have to close down completely and start again. I suspect I might lose you.

Hi Keith,
You can come back to this page and reply to me here. Just in case, please bookmark/favorite this page so you don't lose the page.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Back again Jason.

The exact wording is:

'Your aviation account settings are out of date'

this is at the top of the panel.

In the panel it says:

'still working on it' and 'not synced yet'

It has been like this since I moved to windows 10.

Thanks from

Keith Grace

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jason,

My second reply and I hope you get this one.

Your aviation account settings are out of date.

In the panel:

'still working on it' and

'not synced yet'

With thanks

Keith

Thank you for the update, Keith.So, did we figure out whether you were running the application Outlook or the Internet Explorer application?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jason,

I am under the impression that it used to be Internet explorer and now is possibly outlook.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I am unsure which.

Keith

Keith,
Please, look at the shortcut icon that you click or double click to access your emails. What does that shortcut icon look like?
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jason,

I first click on the four pane window in the bottom left corner then the open envelope with a speed bird motif appears in the 'mail' window.

I then click this mail box.

My ordinary emails can then be accessed.

If I open my Aviation account I get the aforesaid message.

So I have a choice of which to go for.

Keith

Hello Keith,
Thank you for that update. It sounds like you are using the Windows 10 Mail App.
The setup may be a bit complex. If you don't follow the instructions correctly, you may have issues with the working account too. Without remoting in, there is no way to be sure that more problems are not created.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Since the problem appears to be with the e-mail program on your computer, please click on the following link to sign in to your e-mail account:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

Let me know if you were able to sign in and if you could see the e-mails.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Miro

Thank you for trying to help.

Before moving to Windows 10 I had an aviation email account which was on Yahoo. I have tried various ways to access these emails, however I have not been able to open them.

I have used the link you suggested but although this worked for my normal emails I cannot open my aviation emails.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Kind regards,

Keith

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Do you have several e-mail accounts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I used to have two email addresses.

1 for my normal emails

2 for emails relating to my aircraft site (the one I have lost).

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming! Your first e-mail account ends in @sky.com. How does your "aircraft" e-mail account end?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My first one as you say ends in @sky.com

The aircraft one was with Yahoo as***@******.***

although when I switched on both, came up on the screen, so I could choose which one I wanted.

K

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I see. Please click on the Yahoo! login link below and check if you are asked to type your e-mail address and password, or you are automatically taken to one of your e-mail accounts. YAHOO LOGIN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Miro,

Yesssss!

Yes that one worked and my aircraft mails have come up.

I am very grateful to you for your help.

No doubt it pays to be an expert. Just wish I had more than one brain cell where computers are concerned.

Will YAHOO LOGIN work if I typed it in or will my computer work normally without it.

Keith Grace

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I am very glad you could access your e-mails! You can bookmark (save to favorites) the Yahoo! login link so that you can access it easier. http://mail.yahoo.com
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro,

No, not at the moment thanks.

I would like to think I could ask you a question if I get stuck in the future.

Keith Grace

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Sure, you can contact me again for any other problem.