Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hello I have a Nexus 7 tablet. When I tried to switch it on
yesterda
y the screen was black with the outline of the battery in white. When I tried it later a white circle appeared next to the charging port and pulsated five times. This has happened before and I had the help of one of your experts but I cant remember what the remedy was !! Please help. Suzanne Stanham.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Nexus and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and hold the volume UP and Power button on the Nexus for 10 seconds then release and tell me please if it now starts.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello It hasnt worked I tried it three times. Suzanne

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we will try to get it onto download mode.
Can you repeat the procedure but use Volume Down instead please Suzanne.
Let me know if it then starts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No joy Suzanne

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It can be residue power but we have now ruled this out. The fact this happened before is never a good sign and previously pointed to a power issue although for some time it was able to overcome this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for trying Richard my luck just ran out !! Suzanne.