Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

There is a site which I visit daily, but suddenly I am notified

There is a site which I visit daily, but suddenly I am notified that the page is unavailable. Everyone else is able to access it and a moderator from the site was able to sign me in using my password, so the problem must be with me.
It is clearly some problem with my computer and I wonder if you could help me to get access ?
The site is www.intelligentanswers.co.uk
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. When did that website first stop working on this computer? - Have you tried to disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet / wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect, and then wait a bit and check? - Have you tried another browsers, such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.? - If you have another computer or tablet or smartphone, etc., does that website work on it? Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The website stopped working about a week or so ago.

I did switch off the power supply to my computer overnight, but the problem was still there in the morning.

I am using Chrome browser.

I don't have any other devices

I think it might have happened after The trouble I had accessing Face book. everything seemed well until I clicked on Intelligent Answers ans got the page unavailable. I then contacted a friend who said the site was working perfectly.

Sorry, no, not switching of the power supply to your computer overnight, but disconnecting the disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet / wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect, and then wait a bit and check.- The internet modem/router device(s) is usually given to you previously from your internet service provider.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a BT home Hub2.0

Do you mean I should pull the plugs out of the back of it ? Sorry to be so ignorant.

That's okay. Please please unplug all the cords out of the back of the BT HomeHub 2.0 device for about 3 minutes, then re-plug, then wait a bit, and check. Please let me know. Thank you.
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think you may have performed another miracle!! I did get access to the site after doing as you suggested, but I need to go through the log in thing and am told that my password ***** *****! I am waiting for an email from them about this, then I will get back to you.

You're welcome. OK. And if after plugging / re-lugging in the BT HomeHub 2.0 device did not work, then please try the following fix: Solution #2: Click on Start\Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center, then click on Change adapter settings on the left., (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type ncpa.cpl and click OK.)Right-click on the connected device/item, then click on Properties.Click on the ...TCP/IPv4... item in the list, then click the Properties button.Then select the option Use the following DNS server addresses and add the following (see attachment link):8.8.8.88.8.4.4Then click OK, OK.Then check that website. Thank you.
Solution #3: If it still does not work, please try that website in both the programs Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon. (Click on Start, then click on All programs to find those two programs there.)Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.