Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Morning,I have a computer in the name of Paul Tingley,old email

Customer Question

Morning,I have a computer in the name of Paul Tingley,old email address***@******.*** have an account with you for that email address.Because we have now gone on to sky.com and need the same security for the computer.How do I change our details/
I also have an ipad air and have been advised not to take Mcafee which sky offers,but when I tried to download Norton it rejected it.Do you have a norton product for mi ipad.The Ipad is under my name Anne Tingley and the email address is***@******.***
hoping you can help Anne Tingley
our home address is 36 HeadbourneWorthy House,Bedfield lane,Winchester SO23 7JG.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say change your details, do you mean you wish for another email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no Ihave changed my email address from bt.com to sky.com,but when I tried to update my information with Norton they did not recognise the new address.obviously I suppose.because of that I am worried that we are out of security cover.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ah ok, thats just your registration details, it has nothing to do with protection, you need to leave it as its all based on the email address, but there is no reason to change this. You are still perfectly covered.
One thing though, Norton or any of the anti virus products are not available for the iPad, as the iPad is protected automatically by Apple. This is why you cannot installed it, it is not possible to do, nor needed.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou for your reply,that helps a lot.Is it un necessary to change any details so far as our cover is concerned,that is what you are saying?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct, it has nothing to do with the cover, its just your email address.
As long as its still installed on your computer you are covered.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.