Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Samsung Galaxy S2 appears to have died. Last time I saw

My Samsung Galaxy S2 appears to have died. Last time I saw it on it said connect charger 9% remaining, however before I could get to the charger the screen was dead. I charged it over night and it did not charge, I therefore ordered a replacement battery and this too does not charge. I wonder whether you can help me to get it working again? I am absolutely heartbroken as on the phone is all my pictures of my twins from birth to three months.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please hold the power and volume UP button for 10 seconds then release and tell me if it now starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it hasn't.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do this please
Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and wait 10 minutes
Then hold power for 6 seconds and release and tell me if it starts please
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, have done what you said and it still has not turned on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
The photos while it is in this state will not be recoverable sorry. I can only advise on your next phone to install the app Dropbox so that your photos are always uploaded automatically and you will never lose them.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please... I can understand this is not the best news, but I am not sure why you would go and give me a poor rating, making a complaint about me on this site. I can understand you may be frustrated, but making a formal complaint about me, indicating I was rude to you is not in my opinon the right thing to do and how to treat people.
With respect, negative ratings only hurt experts here by reflecting negatively and can keep us from assisting other customers. They should be used for when an expert is rude or the information provided was wrong. While youay not like the answer I provided, it was correct, and I stand by it. If you need clarification or additional information about my answer I will be happy to provide it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to say I am sorry Richard for my response / rating I obviously was very upset about the news; in normal circumstances I would never respond as I did and for that I apologise. Upon reflection I would like to change my rating if possible and of course pay you the £28.you were very helpful and prompt in your response and I would recommend you to others.
Again I apologise for my earlier abrupt response
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I understand, it happens every now and then, but very rare someone returns like this so I thank you
It can be hard as I do everything I can to help but sometimes something just can't be fixed, and then its a pity when this happens to me.
So I very much appreciated this, and if you would change your rating on this answer, that would be very much appreciated.
And of course, if you ever need anything, please let me know.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry