Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Please treat me as a total novice geek I can not get my

Customer Question

please treat me as a total novice geek I can not get my ubuntu os to load I have set a wrong user setting and can't recover my original os ubuntu with linux 2.6. 38-8 generic GRU GRUB version 1.99 .rc1.13.ubuntu3 I go into the recovery mode wait to load the text click down to netroot and or root "drop to shell root prompt" when the text appears I get Give root password ***** maintanence (or type control -D to continue) : NOTHING works the only thing I can type and the curser moves is (via Ctrl button depressed and hiiting d) all it does is return to the recovery menu again! UGH I have read the type in "e" or "c" info the mount -remount stuff and the find the Linux line and add biss/bash I can not do any of these all I want to do is reset my password ***** I can open and go on line via Firefox thingy and go to Google! Any ideas ???? Please My Laptop is a Dell vostro 1700 connected via wi-fi to High speed BB Virgin media I have foundyour page via my very old and slow pentium III tower both are on the laptop is in the recovery menu ?????

Please  talk me through it step by step in here   I can't open another window on my tower to read an email  as this thing is sooooooooooooooooooooooo   slow    thanks  Russel

Category: Computer