Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I purchased Norton Internet Security 2015 on 11/05/2015 and

Customer Question

I purchased Norton Internet Security 2015 on 11/05/2015 and this has worked well until I had to do a restore of my laptop system. Although the Norton icon remains on screen I seem to have lost the program and do not have any security.
The product key is JC4W8-4464Q-8T3GV-DP8T4-8DR68
How can I get it back please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Where exactly do you see the icon? In the bottom right of your screen near the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it is on the screen with other icons

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks June, it appears that is the installation file.
What happens when you run the file?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I click on the icon nothing happens, it does not run the programme which is why I want to get it back as I currently have no protection even though I paid for a year.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks June.
Then we will get you to download and install it again.
To do this, click on my link below and follow the procedure to reinstall it on your computer which will then get you connected again.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20090708112600EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
Let me know the results please