Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Connected new computer running Windows 7 Prof to panaboard

connected new computer running Windows 7 Prof to panaboard but cannot calibrate board properly points only responding to first two finger positions not responding to lower right hand corner

when using pen or finger only some parts of the board sensitive to either pen or finger  using both activInspire and/or elite panaboard book

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you as the first step remove the power to the Panaboard from the power socket
Then wait 15 minutes, and connect the power to it again and tell me please if it now calibrates.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have disconnected power source for 15 mins but to no avail. top left responded as did top right but did not respond to bottom right so could not complete calibration. There seems to be a bar across the middle of the screen from top left to bottom right which does not pick up touch or pen strokes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there is a layer on it that detects the touch and response to this and this area has faulted (its done in stripes)
It can be caused by a build up of residue power but we have ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the the panaboard to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.