Cpolarek
Cpolarek, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10 YR IT Manager
30863715

I went from win 8.1 to win 10 and lost use of my usb ports.

I went from win 8.1 to win 10 and lost use of my usb ports. I went back to 8.1 hoping it would resolve, no such luck. I can no longer download photos from camera, download music to mobile phone, access external drives used for storage of photos, use usb sticks, use my sat anv and update maps. I used device manager to update drivers and was advised all drivers are up to date for Std enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller X 2, AMD USB 3.0 Xtensible Host Controller 0096 microsoft and Std open HCD USB Host Controller x 2 as advised to do by a fix it programme. The updating failed to work.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll take a look. Can I get onto your computer? if so, goto www.teamviewer.com and click on join remote session. Hit run when the box pops up and let me know your ID and password ***** shows up. I'll connect and see if I notice anything abnormal.
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
I will be away from my desk for the next few hours. Please let me know when you'll be available to do this. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chuck,

I sent a message as a reply by email then spotted the no reply tag on your email.

My details are,

15577531-343

***@******.***

I am on the site to which I was directed and the identity and password ***** are;-

ID 683 693 689

PW 8738

I hope you can help as I am on holiday on Sunday and would like to download holiday snaps onto my PC.

Regards,

Graham Epps

NB I will leave my pc on with my internet link left open please access when you are free to do so. I have to go out this evening to take my inlaws to bowling.

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Graham, I haven't been at he office all day. Can you start the session and I can get onto your pc now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chuck,

Yes please link up.

PC on and link established.

Graham

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
need the password
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
you ay need to go thru the whole thing again. it tells me your pc isn't accepting connections right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chuck,

The password ***** was 8738.

I will go back to square one and try again to get new ID and PW numbers from the original link in your initial email.

Graham.

NB

The new pw is 2587, the ID number is ***** as 683 693 689...hope these connect ok.

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
I still get a message that it's not running on your computer.
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
its now asking for a different password. Did it change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chuck,

Sorry for delay but my internet service provider crashed and has just come back.

The last password ***** got was 2587 and the ID stayed at 683 693 689

Shall I use the link and go again?

Please advise.

Regards,

Graham.

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
yes, each time you connect it gives you a new password ***** i'll need that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New pw is 3181