Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I cannot uninstall my printer which is not connecting wirelessly

Customer Question

I cannot uninstall my printer which is not connecting wirelessly to the laptop. Also if I try to take the commuter back to an earlier time it won't work.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to uninstall your printer?
And which version of windows are you running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing happens. Also if I try to uninstall some other programs again they don't go.

I operate Windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIt appears the operating system is corrupted so I want to try to repair this.Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.A black window will open.Type in itsfc /scannowpress enter and when it has completed, type inchkdsk /rPress enter.It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.Then try to uninstall the printer.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Let me know the results please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry your message is blank John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard,

I see from my bank statement that I have paid the £28 for your initial advice on my problem which cured the problem however I am concerned that I have been charged a further £27.86 which I don't recall agreeing to.

Perhaps you can clarify this for me.

Best regards

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
I am only an engineer here and do not see any payment activities.
If you can please email***@******.*** about this they can then look into this for you.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please