Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Have a new computer and windows 10 premium installed but unable

have a new computer and windows 10 premium installed but unable to install and run trust bluetooth 4.0 usb adapter
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
I have checked and currently it is not listed as compatible with windows 10, as some hardware is not.
But there are some tricks that can get it to work.
First, are you getting an error when trying to use it? And if so, what error is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi , its saying this file is older and windows cannot install
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it should use the inbuilt files, so just insert the adapter and try to use it, do not try to install the driver from the site as this is too old (for previous versions).
What then happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so i inserted the adapter...nothing happening
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but your likely not going to see anything.
Try to actually use the adapter, pair to a bluetooth device.
What then happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill try that one moment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to be so slow richard i tried reinserting the bluesoleil adapter..no luck won`t connect
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What are you trying to connect the adapter to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my iphone 5s
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the error you get when trying to connect and what exact steps are you taking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so turned on my iphones bluetooth and it searched but did not find my computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to make the computer discoverable first.
So first go to search, type in Bluetooth and press enter
There turn on Bluetooth and set it to be discoverable then have the iPhone connect to the computer.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok you can do your magic richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will co
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
693 262 990 461cem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks richard