Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 Now I keep getting

Customer Question

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 Now I keep getting a small black box appear for a fw micro seconds in the top left corner of the screen. Also Steam Flight simulator does not worl properly: It opens up ok and Ican select Aircraft, airports and time but when I click on fly now the screen goes black, after a while the desktp flashes up then goes black again. This keeps repeating and when Itry to shut it down I get the "end Fligt "box briefly the black again. In addition to this my word processor "Word Pefect" will not save my documents
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you with your issue today. First, you only have a 30 day window to roll back to your previous version of Windows. If you are within that time frame, Microsoft indicates you should be able to roll back without incident?? The best thing to try now that you have Windows 10 installed is to uninstall the programs that are giving you problems then make sure you have the latest drivers for each and reinstall them again. This is a very common problem with the Windows 10 upgrade and usually is since the other program manufacturers seem to lag a bit in updating their product... if they do it at all! Let me know and I will try to assist further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't address the problem: I get a black box (similar to a command promt box popup for a few micro seconds all the time ,no matter what program Iam running.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I realize this is annoying, but we will need to work through the individual processes to try to track the problem down. We might need to disable some devices or programs one by one to see what is causing the problem. Since Windows 10 has come out, many users have had problems with it. If you like, you can try to install Windows 10 again to see if it will over write the problem area. That can be done by downloading the Windows 10 install and burning it to a DVD, similar to what you would get if you purchased it from a vendor. Let me know if you want to try that first. Also, are you beyond the 30 day window for rolling back to Windows 8?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Here are a couple of things you can try. Open a command window and at the prompt type sfc /scannow. After the scan is complete, restart your computer. Next if that doesn't do anything for you, try scanning your system for malware using Malwarebytes. Delete everything it finds after the scan. Let me know please.