Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Samsung Camera model VP-MS125 and have been downloading

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Camera model VP-MS125 and have been downloading my photos on to my PC for a long time with no problem. I have now had the free upgrade to Windows 10 on my PC and when I connect my Camera I get the message "USB device not recognised". What can I do to be able to download in future. Please bear in mind that I am in my 70's and not overly computer literate. I hope you can help me. Many thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Do you see any other model besides VP-MS125? Is there a memory card in the camera? If yes, can you take it out, then insert it to the memory card slot, if any, on the computer, and transfer pictures? Or you can use an external USB memory card reader. If that does not work for you, then like some older device models, this is an old camera model, it is not compatible with windows 10. You can go back to your previous windows version, and it should work again:- Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located near the lower left corner of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then click on the option Recovery on the left, then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version there. Please reply back to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for reply. The only other model information I have is that it is a Miniket Photo and the instructions cover MS10(S/BL/R); MS11(S/BL/R); MS12(S/BL/R); and MS15(S/BL/R).I do not have a memory card, so that wont work.I could try your last suggestion to go back to my previous Windows version, but does that mean I would then lose Windows 10 and would be back at Windows 7? I would appreciate your comments before I try it.Many thanks.
You're welcome. This is a very old camera model. Do you mean there is no memory card inside the camera?But yes, you lose Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7. But in the future, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 again, it will still work. Thank you.
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No memory card - There is a "Built in" memory of 256MB within the Camera, so I never needed a removable memory card.Don't want to go back to Windows 7 at this stage, and then have to upgrade again, so will have to give the whole matter a serious rethink!!!
No memory card - There is a "Built in" memory of 256MB within the Camera, so I never needed a removable memory card.Don't want to go back to Windows 7 at this stage, and then have to upgrade again, so will have to give the whole matter a serious rethink!!!Many thanks for all your help.
You're welcome. I'm sorry about that. OK, if you'd like to, you can insert an SD memory card to the camera, so you can take pictures, then transfer pictures from the SD memory card to the windows 10 computer. You can get back to me if you need anything else. Thank you.