Bill Fisher
Bill Fisher, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Computer system design, networks, integration, general support.
64722774

Since installing windows 10 I cannot receive or send email.

Since installing windows 10 I cannot receive or send email. Also my provider (BT internet) sends me a pop up box asking me to enter my usewr name & password ***** few minutes whilst I'm on outlook
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bill Fisher replied 1 year ago.
The username/password ***** in your outlook settings needs to be re-entered. The reason the pop up for that information is coming every few minutes is because every few minutes outlook is polling the mail server to download your email. When the username/password ***** is sent to the mail server to get email by outlook the mail server rejects your username/password ***** outlook pops up that window for you to reenter it. Once you get the proper username/password ***** mail server name in your outlook settings the popup will go away and email will come in. If you don't know the proper setting either contact the person that setup your email or if you have access to the email control panel go in their and rest your password ***** of course make sure you username and mail server name in the outlook settings are correct as well.
.The username/password ***** in your outlook settings needs to be re-entered. The reason the pop up for that information is coming every few minutes is because every few minutes outlook is polling the mail server to download your email. When the username/password ***** is sent to the mail server to get email by outlook the mail server rejects your username/password ***** outlook pops up that window for you to reenter it. Once you get the proper username/password ***** mail server name in your outlook settings the popup will go away and email will come in. If you don't know the proper setting either contact the person that setup your email or if you have access to the email control panel go in their and rest your password ***** of course make sure you username and mail server name in the outlook settings are correct as well