Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have been using a Canon Digital Video Camera MV750i and I

Customer Question

I have been using a Canon Digital Video Camera MV750i and I have Windows 7 on my PC. I am having trouble transferring the cassette footage to my PC eventhough I have a USB lead for the camera. Please can you help by suggesting any solutions to get the footage on to my PC computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. How have you been treating the problem so far? connecting with USB lead to a USB port on your computer? and then what happens? does the computer recognize the presence of a USB device? Does the computer, inStart - My ComputerorStart - Computershow the camera, when connected, as a device with its own entry or icon?- If it does, try double-clicking upon that icon. If you are lucky, it will open as an Explorer window, wherein you may find the file that is your video footage, then copy that file from there, onto your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did have camera connected to PC via USB lead but PC can't find the Camera at all and it's not indicated as a device on the My Computer page. How can I successfully get the camera to communicate with the PC even though I have the Camera turned on and linked via USB lead? Is there a decent recommended Free software compatible for Canon MV750i pal and Windows 7?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If the computer cannot recognize the camera, then there are two options:1. use a different computer to try... is there another computer available to you, in the long run if not immediately and now?or 2. try a different USB port, and/or a different USB cable... in fact, try *all* the USB ports on the computer you have, one by one, esp. if option (1) is not available. Also, a question: has the camera ever worked on your current computer, before this? if not, it may need either software or driver, perhaps... and if that sounds right, if the Windows 7 computer has never had the camera working on it but another computer has had the camera working with it, then please go toStart - Control Panel - System and Security - Systemand look for the System Type there.It should be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Please tell me what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

64 bit, the camera has never worked successfully on this PC before but it has on my Dad's. I'm about to try the other USB port.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Windows 7 64-bit, then. If it works on another computer, do you know what Windows version/type was on that PC ? If the other USB port does not work either, try downloading and installing this program (ImageBrowser EX) onto the Windows 7 computer: http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/camcorders/digital/mv_series/mv750i.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:13-1179183 and see if that helps with the link to the camera, and getting videos and pictures off the camera onto the computer.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried your link but for some unfortunate reason my Norman protection treated the link as Malware, but I attempted to continue and WinRar Zip download software indicated that the file is corrupt. So what else can you suggest that may enable me to do what I intend to do ie get the Canon Camera to communicate with my PC to transfer the film footage.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That is interesting. Norton said the link was bad, or the download? that means that I must present the link in a different manner, I guess. I have just confirmed that you got the right file: a Zip file.As for the file from that link being corrupt... I have downloaded it myself, and scanned the result. (Pausing to do so... should post again when it is done.)
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
IBX14INST.EXE is the one file in that ZIP file. It scans as OK with my anti-virus software.What Windows version do you have, please? because modern Windows versions in a state of adequate Windows Update usage and so forth, have the ability to look into Zipped folders without the use of WinRAR or other package. Try using the EXE file in the download that way, by just double-clicking on the ZIP file once it is downloaded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My Windows is Windows 7 and the Virus protection is Norman not Norton. can you email me the actual file as an attachment to reduce the hassle that I'm having please?***@******.***

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Emailing you the file would take some little time-delay. I have initiated that process, but if you would like the file delivered in a rather quicker way, I will shortly post a file posting link for the file.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Here is a download link for the file, not Zipped: http://www.filedropper.com/ibx14inst