cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Factory restore failing 0xa000000c

Customer Question

factory restore failing 0xa000000c
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
sounds like you have a corrupt windows files. download the iso recorder and burn it to a disk. then load it into your computer that you are having a problem with and it should load correctly. Here is one link you can get the iso recorder for windows vista: http://download.cnet.com/ISO-Recorder-Windows-Vista-Windows-7-32-bit/3000-18554_4-10691825.htmlOnce you insert the burned cd with the iso recorder the files should load and bring you back to your regular vista.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
Keep this in mind the message Restore Failed – Reason 0xa000000c means you have to delete the existing partitions from the hard disk drive before you start the restore process. If the iso recorder doesn't go through and start then you will have to delete the existing partitions on your hard drive, if you are not familiar with this then you will have to get some help because even if you are following written instructions it is not an easy work through.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
If you have your windows vista disk you can also download that back to your aspire laptop.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
Good morning just wanted to know if you still need help on this question and also did you get my instructions above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I have been getting all your responses but have been away on holiday so just returning to this. I don't have any blank discs to download the ISO so will look into that but before I do...you also mentioned trying the Windows Vista disc. I've contacted my parents (former owners of laptop) and they have so sounds like I should probably give this a try first?

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
yes you can reload Vista on your computer to get it to not come up with that error. that way you don't have to delete any partitions it would just restore your vista clean.