John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have updated my Lenovo G575 laptop to windows 10 but my sound

I have updated my Lenovo G575 laptop to windows 10 but my sound will not work. I have updated sound card driver to windows 8 as this is highest available but still no success - can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.There are some compatibility issues with hardware's on windows 10.I will try my best to help you
Sir/Ma'am in the notification icon which is on the system tray does it shows any errors or warning regarding sound/audio devices
Is the volume icon shows X marked?
Is this 32 bit or 64 bit windows 10?
Sincerely,
John
Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No error or warning signs.
no x marked on volume icon
conexant smart audio HD.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the details.
May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes you can remote access
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=517e524c-0df3-4d8e-b176-80bcfb77c030 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.