John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have a new computer running windows 7 professional. My scanner

I have a new computer running windows 7 professional.
My scanner is an HP scanjet 4850 and I am unable to download a suitable driver.
HELP please.
Peter
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you
Sir there isn't a windows 7 driver for the HP scanjet 4850,have you tried getting the driver from HP site and installing it on compatibility mode?
Sincerely,
John
Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try this. but not sure about the procedure.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir for replying back to me.I will explain procedure
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please download the driver for your scanner using this link http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=446435&swItemId=cs_109719_1&swEnvOid=4062First try to install it with administrator privilege to do that right click on the downloaded HP scanner driver and then click on Run as administrator then follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation then see if the scanner is workingIf that doesn't work then run in compatibility mode which you can do by right clicking on the downloaded HP scanner driver then click on Properties,In properties window click on compatibility tab then check the option Run this program in compatibility mode for then select windows vista with service pack 2 then click on Apply and OK that will start installing the driver follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation then see if the scanner is working (If that also doesn't work then follow the same steps and instead of vista select XP with service pack 3)Please try it and let me know how it goes.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks John- it worked just fine. I can scan with the HP Scanjet 4850 just like I did with the old computer