Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Since I installed windows 10 if I start the laptop up with

since I installed windows 10 if I start the laptop up with the power cord plugged in the screen goes black if I unplug the power cord it's back to normal. If I start the computer
without the power cord it's ok as soon as I plug the power cord in it's back to a black screen.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. What's the make and model of your computer, please? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

acer aspire e15 e5-511-p34x

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK. Now, with the power charger connected, please tap down the FN + Left Arrow keys together, a few times. Does this make any difference to your issue? Do let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no difference

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK; please press FN + RIGHT Arrow a few times next; what happens? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried the left arrow button again and it seems ohave solved the problem

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, perfect - FN + Left/Right Arrow keys allow you to toggle the screen brightness itself :) I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!