Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

I have just edited a movie file on Final Cut Pro (latest

I have just edited a movie file on Final Cut Pro (latest edition). I exported it and dragged it into PPT for Mac (latest version). It worked fine. Have just reedited. I share the file as before, but when I drag the file (or import) into PPT I get the sound but no picture. Very strange because it worked find before...can you help? Best M

Additional information:  I have just realised that all the videos I have inserted now show only a black screen.  All worked fine before.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information: The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X) Processor Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Mike. Travelling in Asia and couldn't pick up. In fact turning the machine off and starting again seems to have solved the problem. Very strange though.

OK there are somethings I can suggest to make sure it does not happen again: Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If all is ok suspect the problem is with PPT and not FCP, so trashing the Preferences should fix it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/975723