Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

HP Photosmart 5520 e Black ink cartridge replaced. Printer

HP Photosmart 5520 e Black ink cartridge replaced. Printer will not print black.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you clean the print head as the first step for this please.
To do this
Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.
From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Tools.
Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Clean Printhead. The product cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.
Review the print quality on the test page and tell me if it now appears correct please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still not printing black
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you do the next step please Phil
From the home screen, touch the Setup icon (), and then touch Tools.
Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Align Printer. The alignment page prints.
Lift the lid on the printer, and then place the alignment page print side down in the right front corner of the scanner glass.
Close the lid, and then press OK on the control panel. The printer will align automatically. Press OK to continue.
Let it complete and tell me if black now prints please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done that still not printin black
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks It is the print head that has faulted. For a lot of printers you can remove it and wash this to see if this can get it unstuck, but with this model it is not possible and requires a full dissasembly and replacement of the print head. It is one of the drawbacks of a lot of these Photosmart series I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the service done. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the service will be done at no cost to you.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you