Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

NORTOn has disappeared from my computer so I do not know if

Customer Question

nORTOn has disappeared from my computer so I do not know if it is safe
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me which version of windows you are running please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
windows 8
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to your desktop please, and in the bottom right you will see an Up Arrow.
Click on this and tell me if you see the Norton icon listed there please as I will then know if it is installed or not.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just do not know what to do I need more help I have tried but get no where
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to please do the instructions I gaveHave repeated them below Thank you Can you go to your desktop please, and in the bottom right you will see an Up Arrow. Click on this and tell me if you see the Norton icon listed there please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the icon is not listed
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you will need to install it again
Click on my link below please and follow the steps to perform the install
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20090708112600EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
Once completed it will then be installed on your computer and protecting it again.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please