Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Am trying to link a Humax PVR. Have looked at instructions

Am trying to link a Humax PVR. Have looked at instructions on eManual but it starts of by saying I should go to Smarthub and then enter a TV link "at the bottom of the page".. Can't find this/
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly what you are trying to link it to and to achieve what function?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am trying to link a Humax PVR to my new TV and have joined the two by HDMI. The Samsung obviously recognises the PVR but will not record to it. Have scheduled recording direct from Humax and by using the Samsung scheduling page but neither id successful in producing a recording. Checked Samsung eManual and it appears the Samsung will use the Humax as a hard disk but it has to be re-formatted and ste up. Following the instructions I went to the 'hub' page, where the eManual

says I can start the process by following the TV link at the foot of the page. I can not find this libk or any other that takes the process further.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the way it has to be set up is that the TV gets its source from the Humex.
So your antenna or Sky ect signal goes into the input of the Humax
The output connection then goes into one of the input connections on the TV.
Then the TV is viewing the signal via the Humax and you do your recordings on the Humax itself, using the remote from the Humax. The samsung does not record to the Humax, its the Humax that does this.
I believe you have the signal going direct to the TV, then the TV to the humax which is the wrong way around.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Richard. Have had a further problem with the Humax and spoke to them by telephone. They tried tore-format the disk drive but it turns out that the disk is an ex-disk. Have bought a new Humax which should be delivered tomorrow. If I have a problem setting it up I may come back to you. Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

That would explain it Ian

I have marked the question to never close, so any more support needed, just let me know here, this is no problem. If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
.