Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have taken quite a lot of pictures with my S5 and most of

I have taken quite a lot of pictures with my S5 and most of the time they are perfect, unfortunately some of the pictures are now becoming partially greyed out?
I can see the full picture in the thumb-nail image in the Gallery, unfortunately I cannot see the full image when I open it up on the phones screen, nor when I down-load the pictures on to my computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The greyed out, is it like a blue?
Can I look at one of these pictures? (click the paperclip here and attach it please)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This picture looks ok in the thumb-nail view but cannot be viewed full screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the Thumbnail view is a different file to the main one.
Looks like something has corrupted the photos
First, connect the phone to the computer and copy over all the photos
Tell me when you have please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All pictures transferred to my computer and still some of the images are corrupted
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now take a new photo and tell me how that looks please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took several pictures yesterday, was able to show them to clients, and yet this morning, the last picture taken is corrupted. Chances are I can take several pictures now and they will be ok - Yup, taken 3 pictures and all can be viewed without any problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, something is interfering with the phone and you will need to reinstall the firmware on it.Before we do this, is there any data you would first need to backup off the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only the contacts in my phone book
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, install Kies from my link belowhttp://www.samsung.com/ae/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/Run it, connect your phone to the comptuer and backup the phone in Kies to backup the contactsTell me when you have please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For the Galaxy S5 do I connect to the Kies3 ???
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Backed-Up
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Turn the Galaxy S5 off.Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.Set it up, connect it to your computer and then restore the backup and it should then function correctlyLet me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still backing up - I had problems recovering the passcodes and passwords used on my accounts
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
for Gmail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All up and running again, just need to make a few changes to the views - is there anything more to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No thats it, the firmware is ok now and its backed up
I marked this question to never close, so any issues let me know.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.