Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I'm trying to send a file on MESSAGES on my iMac, which I have

I'm trying to send a file on MESSAGES on my iMac, which I have managed to do perfectly well before, and windows with the following commands pop up, but they just won't accept my passwords
"talk.google.com Password
Please enter your password ********@******.***"
and
"talk.google.com Password
Messages can't log in to***@******.*** because your login ID or password ***** *****"
Is the GOOGLE password ***** I changed last night the same as my gmail one? Or the "talk.google.com" one? And if they're different, it's not clear which one they are asking for.
And if they are different, how do I find out what the other passwords are?
I would really like speak to someone who can talk me through it.
I also received a "Google verification code" this morning, but I don't know if and where I'm meant to type this in.
I send a lot of texts by MESSAGES and it's important that I am able to use it.
Please help!
***** *****pscomb
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Not sure what you did last night but the settings have been messed up when you did all these changes. Can happen, but its whats causing your problem and we need to correct it.
Which email program are you using on the iMac?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I use my BT email on my iMac (*****@******.***)

I also have the gmail account, which i rarely use.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but which program on your iMac are you using to connect to your BT account?Apple Mail? Outlook 2008? 2011?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Apple mail

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youLast thingYou say "Please enter your password ********@******.***" and then you say its for BT "I use my BT email on my iMac (*****@******.***)"Is it a BT or Gmail account you are having the problem with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Both I suppose. From those messages I can't make out which passwords they are asking for. I presumed my***@******.*** password ***** the same as the Google one I changed last night. If not I don't know what it is.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... I think its really all messed up, and the best way to move forward is to remove and then add the email accounts again as we do not know which account has which problem.
In Mail, click on Mail, then Preference
Click on Accounts, and then click on both the accounts and click the - to remove them from the list. (- and + are at the bottom of that window)
Once they are removed, click the + and add the gmail one first. This will then add it with the correct settings.
Then click the + again and add the BT one which will also add it with the settings.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I won't have to change my email addresses will I?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, we are just adding the accounts back on the Mac.
We are not doing anything actually with the accounts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems to be working now, thank you

It seems to be connected through something called "Bonjour" and "Jabber", which I haven't heard of before ................but as long as it works!

Edward

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There Apple Services, there ok EdwardIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry