Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Sibelius 7 - I have to uninstall / re-register my copy on to

Customer Question

Sibelius 7 - I have to uninstall / re-register my copy on to another computer, but when I go to the file tab once Sib 7 is running there is no uninstall / re-register option????
best wishes
Steve
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.you want to uninstall Sibelius 7 from your Mac computer and you want to reinstall it on a different computer is that correct. Let me know the other computer is a Mac or Windows pc
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows PC

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows PC

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here to run remote session.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Join Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
To remove Sibelius completely from your Mac you will need to remove five separate items. To find these items you will need to open the Finder application, then from the menu at the top of your screen, select Go > Go to Folder... and enter the following destinations in bold and click Go:
/Applications and remove Sibelius X.
~/Library/Application Support/Avid and remove the Sibelius X folder.
/Library/Application Support/Avid and remove the Sibelius X folder.
/Library/Preferences and remove com.avid.sibeliusX.plist.
~/Library/Preferences and remove com.avid.sibeliusX.plist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I said I have Windows PC not a Mac

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem for windows pc follow these stepsclick on start select search type in add remove then you will see the icon on the top click the add remove programs icon and in the list of softwares installed look for Sibelius 7 single click on it to highligt or search and then hit the uninstall button this i how you remove it. To install it insert the disk if you hve the program on the disk or you may have diownloaded you can double click on the exe file to run it and install.let me know if you need a remote access help i can remotely uninsall and install it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

thanks for your help so far, but I have the original Sib7 on the hard disc (called NASUWT-Sib) I have taken out of the failed machine.

Is is attached to this machine using a 3.5 HDD enclosure to USB 3.

So I think I may need your help using remote access!

best wishes

Steve

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know what time you would be available online so that i can initiate a remote session
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

What would be a good time for you - you seem to reply to me later in the evening GMT - so I assume you are not based in England or is it that you work the late shift???

best wishes

Steve

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve i am not in the UK. Your time early time in the morning would be fine with me.let me know what time you would be available i am online and will be for the entire day in Australia.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michelle,

How about I try being on line 7.00am - here in England - tomorrow Friday 11th Sep

best wishes

Steve

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
sure i will be online 7:00 am UK time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michelle,

I have managed to get up!

Sib 7 (Program files /AVID folder) that I need uninstalled is on the Hard drive called 'NASUWT - Sib'

I would like to reinstall it to the 'Local Disk C' I have all the discs

best wishes

Steve

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know what time you would liek to assist you with the installation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any time now would be good - can you remotely uninstall it first - hopefully once it is not on the machine I should be able to start again - but may need help

Steve

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please give me 15-20 mins so that i can be online on my pc and will share you a remote link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do!

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
thanks a lot for your patienceanother 5 mins and i will share the remote link with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem my machine decided that it needed to update!!!!

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I am available and ready let me know when you are.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore the last 2 lines posted accidently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes ready now

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click here to run remote link
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer open the tray and close it againGuest: Donemichelleclive: still not detectingmichelleclive: how old is the computer?Guest: t can only a couple of years but it has been ungraded recently - I am also waiting for an online upgrade to Windows 10michelleclive: windows 10 is not an issue however your cd/dvd drive seems to be not working.michelleclive: do you have any other disks which you can insert and try to just read themmichelleclive: if the drive is not functional then the software cannot be installed as its on a diskmichelleclive: i am doing a steps by removing the cd/dvd driver and will need to reboot teh comptuer the computer should install the cd/dvd driver.michelleclive: if the drive still dont read the disk then you will need an external drive to get this installed.Guest: Right, thanksmichelleclive: i will do a reboot nowmichelleclive: can you insert a new disk and read that tooGuest: donemichelleclive: now insert the disk which you want to installmichelleclive: do you want to install this programGuest: If Sib loads then it will probably ask for Photoscore later!michelleclive: should i install this oneGuest: Yes alright thenmichelleclive: enter the detailsmichelleclive: looks like installed.Guest: Shall I try Sib 7 now?michelleclive: yes please go a headmichelleclive: did you insert the diskGuest: Yes, but it seemed to read it then has stopped, I'll try againmichelleclive: the drive is not reading the diskGuest: OK, I'll try the Disc two to see if it recognises thatmichelleclive: okGuest: No, nothing seems to happen with that either - this is where I think I should have uninstalled the programme which is on the other hard drive first, but could not because there was no 'uninstall' file - the writers of Sibelius are quite clever so as to stop you copying their progs.michelleclive: let me check if Sibelius is installedmichelleclive: chcek if its there in the list.Guest: It should be on the Nasuwt - Sib HDD in a folder called Avid - but because I could not install it when I connected the HHD it seem to have corrupted the whole fileGuest: Sorry I meant to say Uninstall itmichelleclive: i dont see that in the listmichelleclive: sureGuest: I'll show youGuest: I have done all that but it asks to uninstall and if you run the trial there is no uninstall option in any of the foldersmichelleclive: now i see thatmichelleclive: i got itmichelleclive: need to reboot nowGuest: rightmichelleclive: can you open the folder of sibeliusGuest: No it is not there!Guest: Shall I try and re install onto Local Cmichelleclive: start the install program and choose C as an installed drive.michelleclive: let me just run the hunter one more timemichelleclive: after that you may installGuest: OKmichelleclive: can you open the foldermichelleclive: have to reboot one final time.Guest: Finemichelleclive: now try to install the programGuest: Right here goesmichelleclive: please make sure you install any program insall it on c driveGuest: YesGuest: I thought it had started to work - the E drive does not show Sibelius / Avid??? I'll ttry againmichelleclive: remove the disk clean it with mild solvent and dry it up and then try to readmichelleclive: use a soft clean clothGuest: Right will domichelleclive: okGuest: Can I ask was there a problem with the DVD drive?Guest: I am afraid that still is not loading. It be that as part for the uninstall proceedure I might have had to put this disc into the machine - I'll tyr againmichelleclive: you know what sir the disk is not getting read by the drive this is a common problem with cd/dvd drives sometimes it read and sometimes it wontmichelleclive: due to weak head reading if you insert a new disk it will read and sometime it wont however the solution to this is to get a usb external dvd drive.Guest: I think I will have to do that - thanks for all your hard work and at least for uninstalling Sib - I can at least start again form the beginning - but I will buy an external DVDGuest: Many thanks Michellemichelleclive: one more option is there if you have a big flash drive in capacity then you can simple mirror the disk using another computer drive and we can use the flash drive to install the program.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer enter the detailsmichelleclive: looks like installed.Guest: Shall I try Sib 7 now?michelleclive: yes please go a headmichelleclive: did you insert the diskGuest: Yes, but it seemed to read it then has stopped, I'll try againmichelleclive: the drive is not reading the diskGuest: OK, I'll try the Disc two to see if it recognises thatmichelleclive: okGuest: No, nothing seems to happen with that either - this is where I think I should have uninstalled the programme which is on the other hard drive first, but could not because there was no 'uninstall' file - the writers of Sibelius are quite clever so as to stop you copying their progs.michelleclive: let me check if Sibelius is installedmichelleclive: chcek if its there in the list.Guest: It should be on the Nasuwt - Sib HDD in a folder called Avid - but because I could not install it when I connected the HHD it seem to have corrupted the whole fileGuest: Sorry I meant to say Uninstall itmichelleclive: i dont see that in the listmichelleclive: sureGuest: I'll show youGuest: I have done all that but it asks to uninstall and if you run the trial there is no uninstall option in any of the foldersmichelleclive: now i see thatmichelleclive: i got itmichelleclive: need to reboot nowGuest: rightmichelleclive: can you open the folder of sibeliusGuest: No it is not there!Guest: Shall I try and re install onto Local Cmichelleclive: start the install program and choose C as an installed drive.michelleclive: let me just run the hunter one more timemichelleclive: after that you may installGuest: OKmichelleclive: can you open the foldermichelleclive: have to reboot one final time.Guest: Finemichelleclive: now try to install the programGuest: Right here goesmichelleclive: please make sure you install any program insall it on c driveGuest: YesGuest: I thought it had started to work - the E drive does not show Sibelius / Avid??? I'll ttry againmichelleclive: remove the disk clean it with mild solvent and dry it up and then try to readmichelleclive: use a soft clean clothGuest: Right will domichelleclive: okGuest: Can I ask was there a problem with the DVD drive?Guest: I am afraid that still is not loading. It be that as part for the uninstall proceedure I might have had to put this disc into the machine - I'll tyr againmichelleclive: you know what sir the disk is not getting read by the drive this is a common problem with cd/dvd drives sometimes it read and sometimes it wontmichelleclive: due to weak head reading if you insert a new disk it will read and sometime it wont however the solution to this is to get a usb external dvd drive.Guest: I think I will have to do that - thanks for all your hard work and at least for uninstalling Sib - I can at least start again form the beginning - but I will buy an external DVDGuest: Many thanks Michellemichelleclive: one more option is there if you have a big flash drive in capacity then you can simple mirror the disk using another computer drive and we can use the flassh drive to install the program.Guest: The largest I have is a 32GB?michelleclive: i think that should workmichelleclive: do you have another computer with a working cd/dvd drive try reading teh disk on thatGuest: It works on my Laptop!!!michelleclive: ok so can you make a copy on the flash drive.Guest: I assume you mean to install it onto the Flash drive or just try and copy the disc (I think that is what Sibelius does not like - will the Flash Drive be big enough?michelleclive: copy and paste the cd/dvd image straitght to the flash drive and before that format the flash drive.Guest: Right will do!michelleclive: okGuest: What time is it with you? is it getting late because if this works then there are 4 discs to copy for the complete Sib 7 set upmichelleclive: i am sorry it will not insall all 4 disks in one flash drivemichelleclive: do you have an external hddmichelleclive: you can copy paste as disk 1,2,3,4 on a hard drive as it will need more that 32gbGuest: Yes I do have a couple of external hard drives - so that would be a better option - thinking about it I could actually install it fully to one of thoseGuest: Shall and try and do that and get back to you tomorrow to let you know how I got on???michelleclive: yes sir definately you can get back to me anytime you want.