Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have a problem with my kindle, The screen is the kindle startup

I have a problem with my kindle, The screen is the kindle startup screen with the tree and a message to wait while kindle starts up but its been like that since abut 20.00hrs last night I have tried the start pushing the start button and holding button nothing happens. can you help please Bryan Wade
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.
Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.
Try this at least 6 times.
The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Freddy, Kindle now working correctly. Bryan