yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Technologically Savvy
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

After downloading windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite C660/660D

after downloading windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite C660/660D Laptop, i get a message saying UNABLE TO GET DISK INFORMATION, CAN NOT USE THE ALERT FEATURE.
before downloading windows 10 i had windows 7. how do i fix this problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean after you installed windows 10 through the icon that appeared in windows 7 taskbar? Downloading is term for getting a file/document etc from somewhere and copying it to your computer. Did you mean install windows 10? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i did the free windows 10 from windows 7 task bar, now my toshiba has no Toshiba disk information, no alert features.

Can you still get into windows or does that alert stop it from loading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i can get into windows it is only the Toshiba disk that shows no information, do i need the Toshiba disks, or should i just ignore the unable to get disk information. can not use the alert feature

The toshiba software that give you that alert might have gotten corrupted with the switch to 10. I would recommend going to toshiba website and downloading the hard drive warning software then reinstall it. I can give you guidence to that site if needed.