yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Technologically Savvy
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

Microsoft surface pro 2 - create an image

Microsoft surface pro 2 - create an image I would like to upgrade to windows 10 but before I do I would like create back or image on an external harddrive so that I can restore my pro 2 to as it was. How can I do that?

Category: Computer
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link that explains how to create a recovery usb image.http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/create-a-recovery-drive?os=windows-10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would that recovery image be most up to date will all my software and work files?

That is only for restoring your computer to factory. If you want an actual replication of your whole hard drive you will need some software to replicate it. Do you know what regedit is? have you used it? if not i would recommend the following software. You will have to pay for it. http://www.partitionwizard.com/ ( I do not promote any specific software for money or gain anything. This is my recommendation from experience. There are plenty of other software that you can use to do the same thing if you want to search them out) . It will allow you to copy your current disk to usb external disk as a backup. It's easy to use and the safest bet. If you are more advanced user there are other free software. But you have to trouble the issues on your own if i direct you to it.