Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I cannot find automatic update, as it says that is turned off

I cannot find automatic update, as it says that is turned off please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me please what update you are looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's for Trusteer Rapport and it keeps saying that my windows automatic update is turned off.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
What version of Windows please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only installed windows 10 on Tuesday so it is all very new to me, so please be patient with me.. Oh yes it doesn't say turned off but disabled

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Right click on the start button and click search. Next type Windows Updates and at the top of the window you should see Windows update settings. Let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it has taken me to a web page

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You may have clicked on the wrong selection. Search again and type windows updates just exactly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it has taken me to update & security is that correct ?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That will do. Do you see a link called Advanced options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Click that and at the top will be box with a drop down arrow. If you click that, you should see a selection for Automatic. Choose that and your updates should start automatically from now on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

right, ok but it already said automatic (recommended)

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Was Trusteer Rapport installed when you upgraded to Windows 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was installed when windows 10 was downloaded, but it disappeared from all my pages, and it keeps saying that automatic updates are disabled which they are not.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It may not be playing nice with Windows 10? That is not uncommon with Windows 10 either. You may want to check for an updated version of the program that is compatible with 10. Uninstall the current version then re-install the newest version. Even if you don't find an updated version, you may still need to re-install it to get it working with Windows 10.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay doki, I will try that then, but how many times will I need to install and uninstall just till it starts to work with google

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
What is the connection with Google and how is it not working?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Here is the download LINK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much, I am so sorry I didn't mention that it would not work for Google , thanks againEmbarassed I need to shut everything down to install this programme

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Very well. Good luck and let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok Dan , thank you

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure!
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience: 25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.