Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

When sleep is restarted computer should come on to where

when sleep is restarted computer should come on to where it left off.it dosent all i get is a flashing screen in colours of orange blue white and yellow on windows 7 it always restarted fromwhere i left off
from ralph
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ralph. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.A recent update may be interfering with the power settings on your PC/laptop.System Restore can put your system files back to the state they were in when things worked properly.This process will not affect your data files.To start System Restore in Windows 7 click Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System RestoreWhen the System Restore window opens click NextPut a checkmark in the Show More Restore Points boxSelect a restore date when you know the sleep function was working properly and click Next.click Finish and let the restore proceed.Once the restore has finished and your computer restartedcheck to see that the sleep function now works as it should.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Byron, iam not on widows 7 I upgraded to windows10

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Oh! OK. Click the Start button (the icon in the lower left corner)click Settingsclick Systemclick Power & Sleep (check to make sure those are set the way you want)click Additional Power Settingsclick "Choose what the power button does"and check those settings as well.Installing Windows 10 may have changed things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did that you asked screen just flashing colours

what setting do you recommend on screen turn off and sleep pc gose to sleep

I entered in both NEVER

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Since both are now set to Never, shut the computer down.Click StartClick Powerselect Shut DownHold down the power button to turn the machine off if needed.Then restart