Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a problem with my HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one printer.

Customer Question

I have a problem with my HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one printer. How can I get help? Photographic paper got stuck in it. I opened it up without turning off the power and it went dead. Their is now no power and it will not switch on. I have checked the fuse and it is OK. Please advise!
I bought it from ***** *****.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you disconnect the power cable from the wall socket John and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has not restarted

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No lights show up at all Karl?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no lights show up

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal power supply or mainboard that has shorted out.
Residue power can cause this but we have now ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But they will need to run a diagnostics on the components and see which one is not conducting power, and then replace it.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is out of warranty. What is the address to which I should send it? Would I be best to take it back to ***** *****?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if its out of warranty Karl, its not worth getting it repaired.
Printers are so cheap now, the cost to repair it would far exceed the value if you had to pay for the repair.
I would advise you to purchase a replacement.