Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Screen of my Kindle Keyboard is frozen on one book page. Quick

Screen of my Kindle Keyboard is frozen on one book page. Quick start does not work
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Held for 35 secs. Green power light came on for a few seconds then went out but no change to screen It is still frozen
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did the screen turn off at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No It is still showing the book page
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, hold the power button to off for 60 seconds and tell me if it then goes off please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Held for 60secs Green light came on for longer and then went out Screen still frozen on page
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted. It is not processing any commands at all, which confirms this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for trying Looks like a new Kindle is neede!!!