Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a UE40D5000PW and want to play a slide show from a USB

Customer Question

i have a UE40D5000PW and want to play a slide show from a USB the pics are all correct on the USB but come up rotated on the TV, when I rotate them and zoom them on the tv it does not save
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No it wont save them when doing it from the TV
You need to rotate them on the computer and Save to the actual file, then when you play them on the TV they will display correctly. But you have to initially do this from the computer first. The TV wont write back to the USB stick for this.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are all correct on the pc and that is where we corrected them all initially but the tv seems to randomly rotate some of them.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it may be orientating them, but you will need to rotate the picture so it would appear correct on the TV.
Then save this to the USB and play it on the TV.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is what we have been trying to do. So it appears portrait on pc then landscape on tv so we go back to pc change it to landscape in the hope it will now appear portrait on the tv. well no it stays landscape. Just cant get it to portrait.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What format are the pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they all jpeg some landscape some portrait

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they are all jpeg some landscape some protrait

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To be sure its not the USB stick, can you copy them to a new usb stick and tell me if it has the problem still please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I have done this already.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you reset the TV back to shipping conditions via the TV's menu then try to play the photos again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi this does not work there is obviously some step that is missing somewhere looking on the internet is does seem to be a common problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What does not work? Doing the last instructions I asked you to do?
Where did you get stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is getting annoying now. I did your last instructions and the picture is still the wrong way.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Angela if I am annoying you, but I need to know that you did the last instructions else we would be missing an important step.
What was the first thing the TV did when you did my last instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

went blank

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And then?
I need you to be clear please in response to the instructions I give you....