Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Trying to watch a BBCiplayer programme and when I press play

Customer Question

Trying to watch a BBCiplayer programme and when I press play I just get a green screen..... what have I not done?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me on which device you are having this problem on please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BBCiplayer and I've just checked it seems to be the case in any site where I ask to play a video

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but on a computer, Tablet, iPad, iPhone, Android Phone?This player can run on many different devices so I need to know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh on my desktop computer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** which internet browser Steve? Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think so

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if it is Internet Explorer
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer and tell me if you still have the issue.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####/p>

1070

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It says Team Viewer is not running on the computer. Make sure the ID is correct and if it is, open Teamviewer again, give me the new Password ***** Leave it open please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####/p>

9289

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you solved the issue?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you restarted before I could finish the message.Restart the computer then test and tell me if iPlayer is now functioning please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've just tried and playback is still just a green screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I connect again please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I assume same contact###-##-####/p>

9289

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please run team viewer again and check it gave you the same information for me to connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Run thing again and it says###-##-####/p>

9289

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

same number I think

###-##-####/p>

9289

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** change password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So computer just stopped at 10% scanned. For well over an hour it said the same message and I had to go out. Switched it all off and when I got back followed options on screen and eventually got something resembling my computer but lost various bits - but BBCiplayer works - not tried other sites.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, there was a lot of corruption on the computer and thats why the repair took so long.
Good the player is now working. And windows fixed a lot of its issues with the repair we did.