Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have tried to restore windows 7 from windows 10 but it tells

I have tried to restore windows 7 from windows 10 but it tells me that files have been deleted. I do have windows.old file. Is there any way I can get rid of windows 10.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is referring to the windows image file it needs. This is not in the folders but on a hidden partition.
Is this a custom built computer? Or a branded computer such as HP or Dell?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a branded computer (not a laptop)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and which brand please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chillblast Fusion.

64 bit

16 gb Ram

Robert

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so its not a branded computer Robert, this is why you get the message as it does not have a windows image on it.Its a custom built one.The only way to revert back to windows 7 is to use the windows disk which comes with custom made computers.The revert in widows is only for branded computers which have the image hidden on the partition.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you say it is not branded but it is a heavily advertised and recommended computer in the UK

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, but it is still a custom made Robert.
It means a company puts them together themselves as opposed to HP and Dell which supply recovery images on it.
I am not sure how else to explain it other then the reason it tells you the files have been deleted is because it is not a branded PC such as Dell, HP, Lenovo which have recovery partitions that windows needs.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Robert,
What is the issue here? Is it you do not want to believe your computer is not having an image on it and that windows is lying about it being removed (not being there)
Or why do you feel the need to rate me this way?
With respect, negative ratings only hurt experts here by reflecting negatively and can keep us from assisting other customers. They should be used for when an expert is rude or the information provided was wrong. While youay not like the answer I provided, it was correct, and I stand by it. If you need clarification or additional information about my answer I will be happy to provide it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am really sorry Richard. You have charged me £29 pounds which I would be very happy to pay but you have simply not provided me with a solution.. I want to go back to windows 7 and quite reasonably you do net have the expertise to help as windows 10 is so new. You have simply told me you cant provide an answer

If you have any constructive ideas let me know

Robert

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not true at all Robert, sorry but what you say is not correct and indicates you are not even reading any of the messages I have been sending you.
Very early on I told you what you had to do which I have repeated below.
Its not really fair to go and make these accusations and ratings when you are not even reading any messages from me. Its not how you should work with people and when you make complaints consistently about them which you have been doing from the start with me, then the right thing to do is at least take the time to see what they are telling you so you can make complaints that are correct and true.
The message I told you way back, repeated below (which you did not even reply on)
ok, so its not a branded computer Robert, this is why you get the message as it does not have a windows image on it.
Its a custom built one.
The only way to revert back to windows 7 is to use the windows disk which comes with custom made computers.
The revert in widows is only for branded computers which have the image hidden on the partition.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.