Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have forgotten my Windows password ***** am unable to log on.

I have forgotten my Windows password ***** am unable to log on. My laptop is a touchscreen Hewlett Packard Pavilion15-ab090na operating Windows 8. Brand new purchase! Please can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
You can return the computer to new, it will wipe all your data on it but you mentioned it was new, so this is no issue
To do this, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.