Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My hotmail account was reported by the support group as having

My hotmail account was reported by the support group as having unusual log ins. I have been advised that I need to wait 30 days for a cross reference email address to be confirmed. Whilst I am waiting my hotmail account is behaving in a random fashion and difficult to access emails. I would really like to talk to someone about this problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Which support group reported this to you?

What happens when you use your hotmail account?

Did someone suggest you to purchase the software package CleanMyMac?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can get into my hotmail account via my Imac but it struggles to operate, very slow, click on one email and another opens up etc I can get into my hotmail account via my Ipad but nothing happens, does not receive updated mail, cannot send a test email etc.

I bought the CleanMy Mac on my own initiative but after having googled around a while.

You can do a remote session but I would like to know how secure this will be afterwards, for example will you aloways be able to gain access to my emails without my knowledge?

Thank you. I won't be able to access your email since I do not know your email password. It's very secure.
  1. Please accept the remote support offer, then click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:
    http://connect.teamviewer.com
  2. Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...
  3. Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.
  4. Do not close the TeamViewer program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID: 818 187 944

Pasword: 8843

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have disappeared, where are you?

I'm sorry, somehow your TeamViewer application got disconnected. Please open the TeamViewer application (on the Dock), then tell me the new password ***** it. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

7642

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The new password ***** *****

I have helped via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since yesterday my hotmail account appears to have lost all the historical files I held in specified folders and the system is once agaoin operating very slowly - when we left yesterday evening it was back to its old speed. Still need some action please

I'm sorry, you are using hotmail in Google Chrome application (not in Safari application right)?

Can you download/ install Thunderbird application at the website below:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

, then open Thunderbird application, then select the option to use your existing email address, then sign in with your hotmail email address there, then when prompted, select the POP option, and finish
, then see if your hotmail email works fine in Thunderbird application.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, yesterday your colleague suggested that I use google chrome and that is what was installed.
Sorry, it is strange. I was working with you yesterday.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded Thunderbird but I'm reluctant to use it to control emails. Is there a further check that you can do with either Google Chrome or Safari?

The major point right now is the fact that it is impossible to attach a file to an email.

Sorry, Chrome is already fresh. What happens when you attach a file to email? Is there any error or message? Did you try in both Thunderbird and Chrome? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot attach a file, that is the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is the problem, I cannot attach a file from my iMac to an email

I'm sorry. Is there any error or message when attaching a file to an email?

Was attaching files to email working previously?

When writing an email message, click on the Insert option (or Attach option) or click on paperclip icon at the top, then select the option Files as attachments if shown, then browse to / select the file you want to attach, then what happens?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I want to attach a file to an email I click on the attach icon. the screen then shows two options "one drive" and "computer". One drive I don't use and the computer option should pass me to my iMac documents file from which I would identify the attachment I require. The problem is that the system will not open up the documents file.

Since the change to Outlook I have always had speed problems with this process but now nothing happens.

After clicking on the attach icon, and clicking on Computer, then what do you see? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing, there is no engagement whatsoever and no automatic error message describing the problem

Let me connect to your computer and check again.
Please open Finder, then open Downloads, then open the TeamViewer... item there, then tell me the ID and Password ***** it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID: 818 187 944

Pass: 8162

Did you receive the information?

Sorry, I got it. Please wait a bit as the connection on my end is having issue; please wait a bit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK and thanks

I have resolved the issue via remote support. Remember to use Google Chrome application (not Safari application). If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/