Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a samsung r530 laptop and need to load updates for

Customer Question

Hi I have a samsung r530 laptop and need to load updates for windows etc but it says i dont have enough memory?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo be sure, have you restarted the Laptop and then tried to update again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you will need to free up space Marie.
Can you try to remove any photos, music or anything that you have copied to it, you need to free up about 1GB of space. Once done, try to then perform the update and let me know if it then works please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that would be helpful but i need t go out for a few hours. basically i am asking is there anyway that i can buy more memory?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Maybe Marie, it depends on how your computer is set up.
If you let me connect, you can leave, I will fix it up and if its not possible due to how your computer is setup I will tell you exactly what you need to do and do this with you when your back.
Is this agreeable? If so, please accept the offer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That sounds like a good idea however I have had to go out can I pay for the service and contact you when I get home
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all Marie and till then