IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My email address was automatically changed on relocating from

my email address was automatically changed on relocating from London to Sheffield losing all my files and emails.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

From what I can see, the Yahoo! e-mail address "*****@******.***" is still active.

Are you unable to access it because you forgot the password ***** something else is the problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I don't think it is any thing to do with my password. I tried always to get into my account and the only answer I got was that my id was incorrect and they sent new Id resulting in losing all the files and old emails. This all happened on BT setting back up my account and email on moving up to Sheffield. I just don.t have a clue on how to retrieve my old email address. Also it is annoying because everyone knows this address. Sorry for leaving it so late answering you, but I work away some time during the week.

Anna Harvey

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, Anna! Please type the password ***** think is correct so that I can check your e-mail account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you as you know I commute a lot. My password ***** the email account that you require is as follows. MondayMorning2015 Hope you can solve this. I may not get back to you straight away but I will.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, Anna! I verified again that the Yahoo! e-mail address "*****@******.***" is still active. However, the password ***** typed here "MondayMorning2015" doesn't seem to be working since I cannot log on with that password. Since this appears to be a password ***** resetting the current password ***** solve the problem. To reset the password, you need to receive a verification code to the associated phone number that ends in 21. Do you still own a phone number that ends in 21?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my phone number ends in 21. However I have just bought another mobile. The number will be the same by the end of today Tuesday 22nd September as they have given me a temporary number for now.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Once you have the number ending in 21 ready, send me a message here. I will request a verification code to be sent to that number so that we can reset the password ***** your e-mail account. That should solve the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My mobile number is ***** to my old number now. To remind you it is *********** Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! Sorry for the delay in response. Please send me another message here when you are ready to receive a verification code to your phone number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again. my phone number is ***** to the old number which is as follows: ***********

many thanks

Anna Harvey

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! I received your message, but wasn't on-line until now. Let's try to continue tomorrow at about 5 PM. I should be on-line then.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Let me know if you are available now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid that I'm not always at my computer for me to reply to your questions when you contact me straight away. I commute two days a week which makes it difficult. However I will can be online on Friday 9th October if that's any good to you. Also that weekend 10th & 11th October. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anna Harvey

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! Sure, let's continue on Friday 9th.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi this is Friday the 9th as I agreed to continue today to continue to try and retrieve my old email address today. I am now on line.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Sorry for the delay. Let's continue today (Saturday, 10th) as I was unavailable yesterday. Send me a message here when you are ready. I should be available the whole day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi,now back on line. Are you?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! I am here.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Let's solve the Yahoo! e-mail problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Are you near your mobile phone now (ending in 21)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi AM Miro, Yes I close to my phone.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Good.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I will now request a Yahoo! verification code to be sent to you. Once you receive it, please type the code here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi now that I have received the code what next?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Type it here, please. I will then try to use the code to recover your Yahoo! e-mail address.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro, the code is TKHFXBG for anna.harvey

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, hold on...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Success! I was able to reset the password ***** your Yahoo! e-mail address "*****@******.***". You should now be able to sign in with the new password, which is:recovered2015
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Once you sign in, you can change that password ***** something else.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Did it work? Are you able to sign in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro, is the password ***** code. Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
No, the code you received on your mobile phone was just a way to prove you are the owner of the Yahoo! e-mail address "*****@******.***". Since you weren't able to sign in, I reset the password *****: recovered2015 So, please go to the Yahoo! login page and type***@******.*** as e-mail address and recovered2015 as password. Let me know if you were able to sign in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro, still unable to sign in even with the code you or who ever sent me. I assume the code sent to my phone was the password. I think I may not be able to retrieve it. Everything I have tried hasn't worked. What do you think.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
The new password *****: recovered2015
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I tested it and I was able to sign in. Please try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro, I'll try once more. I assume the code is all in upper case.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
The code you received on your mobile phone has expired. The new code (password) is "recovered2015". All lower case. Give it a try and let me know if it worked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Miro I'll try this.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me know if it works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro I have decided to stick with the *****@******.***. I was able to access my old account but I'm too afraid that I will end up losing both accounts and passwords. I'm unable to change the coded password ***** i'll leave it.

Many thanks Anna

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
You cannot lose any of the accounts if you know the right password. I am only telling you that I reset the password ***** "*****@******.***" so that the new password ***** ***** "recovered2015". To sign in, you need to go to the Yahoo! web page, which is: http://mail.yahoo.com/ There type***@******.*** as e-mail address and recovered2015 as password. In case the page takes you to another e-mail account, then you need to sign out of that account first. To sign out, click on your name or e-mail address in the upper right corner of the Yahoo! page and then click Sign Out. Once you have signed in, you can sign in to "*****@******.***".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro, I realise this , but it is changing my password from the coded one which is the issue . Many thanks but I think I should leave it unless I lose both accounts.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Whatever password ***** used for "*****@******.***" is no longer working. The new password ***** "recovered2015". If you want to sign in, use that new password. Your second Yahoo! e-mail account won't be affected in any way.