toughguy
toughguy, The Computer Guy
Experience:  Post Graduate (Gold Medal) with 6 Years of Work Experience, 11 Year of exp in data recovery
21067471

I don't understand the privacy settings images/albums

I don't understand the privacy settings for my images/albums on Flickr.
What is the overall setting to ensure that all my images and albums are private unless I send an invitation to view?
I would like to send an invitation to view a specific album without the recipient being given viewing access to all my images albums and photostream, which is what is happening currently.
Category: Computer
Expert:  toughguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for using justanswer. This is Leela and I will help you with the question today. I understand that you want some clarification on privacy settings on Flickr account. I will help you with more details. Thanks, Leela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is correct.

I want all my images to be private, but to allow access to specific albums.

At the moment if I allow access to an album, then the recipient can see all my images and albums without restriction.

Expert:  toughguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
You can do that very easily.

In your Privacy settings make sure all access is configured as "Only You". With this setting no one will be able to view photos hosted in your account.

In order to share a Album, you need to use something called "Guest Pass" which will provide you an unique link to the album which will enable users to view the album.

Only people who has Guess Pass link can view the album, they wont be able to view your other photos or albums.

Instructions for creating & deleting guest pass are in the below link.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN13039.html

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need any further details, I will be more than happy to help you.

All the best.

Thanks,
Leela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I can see how to set individual albums to Only You, but in Settings / Privacy and Permissions, does Who can access your original image files? mean that I can set all images to Only You? This would save having to set each album in turn, which is time-consuming.

Expert:  toughguy replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You can set DEFAULT PRIVACY SETTINGS to ONLY YOU. Whichever album you want to share, you can use "Guest Pass". Please let me know if you need any more details. Thanks,Leela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What I don't understand is if I go to Settings / Privacy and Permissions, does Who can access your original image files? and set Only You, it still allows access to all albums (unless I set the individual albums to Only You).

I just want to set everything in my account Only You, and then give Guest Pass to certain people.

Expert:  toughguy replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Set to only you in privacy settings.That will do.