Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Toshiba satellite C50DWhen I start up all I get is Toshiba

Customer Question

Toshiba satellite C50D
When I start up all I get is Toshiba Innovation sign.
Fan keeps revolving.
I have removed battery and replaced same. No result?
Liam
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.can you expain the problem a bit more in detail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michelle.I am writing from my own Toshiba laptop.My wife's Toshiba is the problematic one.When I hit the start button the only reaction I get is a black screen on which the following is written
"TOSHIBA
LEADING INNOVATION"I have removed batteryI have tried to restart on direct power(bypassing the batter)I have kept my finder on the start buttonThe only action is the small rotating "fan"
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
power off the laptop and turn it back on when you see the Toshiba screen keep hitting the F8 key few times and then let me know what do you get on the screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michelleref.153805you asked me to do that last Saturday and I reported no change.This is the following Wednesday?RegardsLiam
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
it seems that my last message to you on the same day that you posted the question did not get throughpower off the laptop and turn it back on when you see the Toshiba screen keep hitting the F8 key few times and then let me know what do you get on the screen.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
next step would be to turn off laptop and remove batteryunplug power cordkeep the ON button on laptop pressed for 10 secswait for 2 minsplug in power cord and battery and turn on laptopas soon as you see the toshiba logo tap the F8 keylet me know what happens