Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have windows 7, and am trying to upgrade to windows

Customer Question

Hello, I have windows 7, and am trying to upgrade to windows 10. It freezes after some time downloading, and gives an error message C1900101-40017. This is from Kerry.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. First, since the upgrade failed, please try to reboot the computer and then check if you are redirected to the Safe Mode. If not, please reboot the computer int Safe Mode by pressing or tapping F8 repeatedly when turning the computer on.Then in the Advanced Boot menu options, please locate and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and the proceed with the boot. See if the upgrade continues. Please let me know your results by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.Thank you.Best regards,Jess