Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have forgotten my password. how can I reset my device?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
May I ask for the brand and model name of the device? I will need that before I can type the correct instruction set for you to follow.
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My device is a Time2 Android tablet 10.1 only just received from Amazon UK. When I set up a password ***** device does not recognise it.

Sorry for the delay of the info but my email address was not suitable as you appear to have another user for***@******.***. I have an alternative email:- ***@******.***.

Are you having an issue with the PIN on the tablet or with your Amazon/Kindle account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have only created one pin for this tablet which does not work at all probably I am one digit or letter being entered incorrectly. On the back of the tablet is a reference which may be a model number (GC1044E).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem is I cannor Fire 5he device with the pin I set up which I believe I am inputting incorrectly (forgotten pin?). There is a ref. number on the tablet :- GC1044E which may be the Time2 model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
still waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Follow these steps to reset your Android tablet. Power off the tablet and then Press these buttons at the same time>>Power + Volume up + Volume Down. T Once the proper combination is pressed and held on to, the tablet will go into recovery mode.If you see an image of an Android lying down, and its chest opened up then you have entered theSettings mode. Now use the Volume keys, until recover mode is highlighted. Press power to enter recovery mode.Now hold on Power button and tap volume up key. This will open up Android System Recovery menu.Using the volume keys select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Again press Power button once highlighted to select the option. Now confirmation will be asked. Select Yes by using the volume keys to highlight it and power key to select it. Now the tablet has been Reset to Factory Settings. In case the tablet does not respond, hold on to power button until the tablet restarts.So that complete guide on how to reset your Android tablet.Was this step helpful? Please reply if you need more help......Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Experience: Computer specialist