MacHelpdesk
MacHelpdesk, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

Can you please tell me, in very simple terms, how I can open

Can you please tell me, in very simple terms, how I can open a blank page on my I Pad, so that I can type a short history of my home.
Many thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing just answer. My name is***** blank page you can type on, to take a history of your home? That is an interesting question. However, in IOS 8, there is a default application called NOTES. it simply is a blank page where you can type, and save. On you Ipad you should see an icon called NOTES. Tap on it, and then start typing. What IOS version does your IPAD have?Tap Settings, then Tap General, then Tap About. Look for Version....and tell me what is there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've actually tried this, but I do not get a blank page. On the left is an index headed "New Note".

What I want, if possible, is a completely blank page on which to type.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm STILL awaiting an answer to the following, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I assume that you are refusing to answer my question, for some reason??

"I'm STILL awaiting an answer to the following, please.

What I want, if possible, is a completely blank page on which to type."

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, please keep trying. It may not be possible, but I'd be very surprised.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Adam,

It is now 2 weeks since I asked what is really a straightforward question.

Still no answer?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi tony,

Did you want me to close this question for you and refund your payment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO!!

I pay £13 per month by standing order.

If you can't help then just say so.

Then I'll seek an answer elsewhere.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Adam

Expert:  MacHelpdesk replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question.There are many note and document creation Apps available for iPad.The one you are using is the best and simplest, and should be enough for what you need.You want a clutter freee blank page, but it has a list on the left hand side, and says 'New Note'.To hide the sidebar just tap the item 'New Note'. This hides the sidebar, and gives you a blank page to type your note.To show your list of notes again, tap the '< Notes' item on the menu bar at the top.I hope this solves the issue of the sidebar showing when you are typing a new note. If you have any follow on questions I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.Sincerely,David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks David,

Sadly, when I tap "New Note", nothing happens!

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,That's odd. Do you see an Accounts button above it?Tapping accounts should move the sidebar to the upper level, showing all accounts.Tapping a particular account shows all notes in the sidebar for that account.Tapping a note should clear the sidebar and give a full page.Try tapping the new note icon in the top right, then tap the New Note in the sidebar.
I need to step out for about 10-15 minutes, so apologies in advance if I am slow on my next reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If I press the "accounts" button I get "all notes" "Gill mail" (my wife) and icloud.

The best I can do is "no notes" on the left with a vertical line running down the whole page about a third of the way accross. If I then press "No notes" nothing happens.

If I press "Accounts" at the top I go back to all notes Gill Mail and icloud.

The sidebar is always visible in landscape view. Change the orientation of the iPad to portrait and it should hide the sidebar when typing a new note.This is the only way to hide the sidebar, with portrait mode. There may be other note taking apps that work better for you.You can try Pages for iPad. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pages/id361309726?mt=8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that works fine. Thank you very much!

That's great. I would really appreciate if you would rate my answer, as that is how the site pays me for my answers.have a good day and don't hesitate to request me again with future questions.
Experience: BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
Hi, I would really appreciate if you would take a minute to rate my answer on the site, thanks!