Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle appears to have decided that there is only one story

my kindle appears to have decided that there is only one story i can't get past it to other titles Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access other stories. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I followed your instructions and the screen gave the tree log,o when I pressed the button to get tho the beginning all I can get i s a(before you go) and four titles which are the ones I have read. I really only want to get past these so I can see the list of available books.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To confirm, before you only saw one title, and now you only see three in your list.
Is this correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, these are the original titles from when I first had the Kindle. In fact there five. Could you advise me how to get back to the introductory chapters re. Listings etc.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you should see the books in your library on the Kindle.you purchased these directly on the Kindle itself from Amazon?Or copied them over via your computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I purchased them from Amazon from the Kindle, which as you can gather I have not got much idea!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then they should just display, nothing special or no settings to stop this, so we need to reset the Kindle.
Can you tell me which model Kindle this is please? eg: Paperwhite, Kindle Fire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Paperwhite. Bought for me from PCworld
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To do the reset
Tap Menu→Settings.
Tap Menu→Reset Device.
When you see the warning, tap Yes.
Then go through the reset procedure and register it again and tell me if you then see the missing books please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now receiving Unexpected error!! Contact Kindle etc...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
on which step?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't ask how, but I now have Book covers and titles up!!! Thank you for your patience. hope I can now get on.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard reset. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.